Thursday, April 17, 2008

Envy is still the monster

Envy...that purported green eyed monster that lurks within all of us. I must admit that sometimes I drool (mentally of course) over what my loving relatives have accomplished and wonder why I was not smart enough, wise enough, or maybe passionate enough to do the same. Case in point, I have two wonderful cousins who are artistic while I couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler nor wax eloquently in writing about just about anything. Meanwhile, they blithely create beautiful, mysterious paintings and jot down thoughts that I must ponder sometimes til my head feels stuffed and albeit maybe a little confused. To add to all this they discuss wonderful trips they've made and all the beauty they have seen while I discuss the latest jaunt to help move one of my family members.
But then I think of the love of my family, the joyous little trips we've made (although I really am tired of the deep ruts I have made between Washington and Arizona) and the NOW hilarious little trip ups that have occurred on said trips.
Maybe that green eyed monster does surface as I drink in the latest tales and envision it for myself, but occasionally I will hear that someone envies what I have or am doing and I wonder why.
Could life be more mysterious?

Please visit my wonderful cousins great blog site at http://sandramardene.googlepages.com
I know you will love the beautiful paintings and great stories that reside there. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Diana,
That would be funny if it weren't so sad! I always envied YOU because you were the stunningly beautiful one! And you had children, which I always wanted, and one of them is a rocket scientist, too! Courage is so much more important than talent or beauty or reproduction process, and you've shown yourself to have mucho mas of that!
I look forward to more blogging with you!
Love,
Sandy

NoStar said...

Hi Cousin,
I know what you mean. While I have my flashes of creativity (not so much since drummers got replaced with computers) it is easy to feel like a dim bulb next to those shining stars.

With talent often comes big egos, but Sandy and Cheryl are so giving.
I got to spend Memorial Weekend with them and all that part of the family at a campout at Deception Pass State Park. I anchored my boat at Bowman's Bay. Sandy and her husband Peter stayed aboard with me.

The green monster cannot survive that much love. I feel like my batteries have been recharged.

Bill Kalles